Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Book Beginnings

This Meme is hosted by A Few More Pages and will be up all week.
Post the first line or first few lines of your current read.

Title: Dragonfly in Amber
Author: Diana Gabaldon

"Roger Wakefield stood in the center of the room, feeling surrounded."


Oh, don't worry. He's not in danger. He's only surrounded by books.
So far, I'm enjoying Dragonfly in Amber, admittedly not as much as the first book in this series, Outlander, but nevertheless, it's very good.
Any fans of Outlander out there?

8 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Outlander! I'm sure I will love this one, too. I just need to get back into it.

      Delete
  2. I have not read them. That is interesting that he is surrounded by books; and it does make me in the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Outlander. It's part historical fiction, part romance, part sci-fy (due to the main character travelling back in time from 1940's to 1740's Scotland). I think there's something in it for almost everyone. Give it a try if you get a chance!

      Delete
  3. I've heard good things about Outlander, but haven't read it yet. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the sound of the book you're reading, What Happened to Hannah.
      Hope you enjoy it.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Never heard of outlander, though I have seen Diana Gabaldon's name (probably at Chapters). I smiled when you said he was surrounded by books. Nice opening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that the one where she is going back? I think I have read up to that one, but heard that from book 3 on they were going a bit downhill. So I never continued the series.

    ReplyDelete