Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich

"In brilliantly controlled prose, Shadow Tag fearlessly explores the complex nature of love, the fluid boundaries of identity, and one family's struggle for survival and redemption."

Wow. Just fantastic.

I picked this book up last week at the library because they're holding a discussion about it the first week in May, and I can not wait to hear what the others thought of it.  This is a great book for anyone looking for something to read with their book club.

I don't want to say too much about it because I don't want to give anything away.  I will say that the first chapter annoyed me a little. I felt like I was being told everything, but it's just to get things going. 
This story was often funny, sometimes sad and sometimes shocking.  I definitely cared a lot about each character in this family and my heart ached for them.

It is a very close up look at an imperfect family, but one that will capture your heart in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment